Thursday, May 15, 2014

Quilting is Fun....and I'm a Dirty Bird

Well, how else can I put it.  I love to quilt and I love my fictional boyfriend, James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser.

If you, by chance, happen to think he is YOUR boyfriend...nononononono, he's mine.  And if, by chance, you haven't heard of Jamie, then you need to read this book.  STAT.


If you're in need of a good read, try this.  History.  Romance.  A sexy, be-kilted Scotsman.  swoon.  And they're seriously the LONGEST books (which I like because I really get to enjoy the story).  Ever.  Maybe War and Peace is longer, but not by much.    And War and Peace doesn't have 7 books in the series and more to come.

Now, what does my fictional boyfriend have to do with quilting?

THIS!!!

Yup.  I actually made a little wall-hanging to commemorate my love.  Don't judge.  Love comes in all forms. There's the man who married a Barbie.  I saw a show about a guy who was in love with his car...like, really in love with his car.  And then there's the person who eats the foam out of cushions (I don't think she loves the foam cushions, but...I can't get the image out of my brain).  Shudder.  Love is strange.

I am not much of an artist, but I did manage (with great struggle) to draw up an outline of a handsome, kilted fella.

I even made his kilt look plaid-ish and gave him a belt.  I considered boots and a shirt, but decided for this version he'd just have to go barefoot and shirtless.  I'll think about doing another with more clothes on but, let's be honest, there's nothing wrong with a half-dressed man in a kilt, now is there?

Threw on some complimentary hexies in adorable fabric.

 And my take of The Thistle of Scotland at the top.

As well as my version of the iconic phrase...and heck ya!!!  The greatest sewing feat of all time.  Well...I mean, that is saying a bit much.  How 'bout this, the greatest Outlander wall-hanging with an image of a half-dressed man, feat of all time?  I'll take that.

And I think I've got a real treasure.

My Oldest did ask me what it meant.  Ahem.  Cough.  Cough.  Well, that is...  I mean...  You see, the thing is....Whew, why don't you go ask you father.

p.s. The Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon is one of my favorites.  I re-read it ever couple of years and currently have even borrowed the audio version from my library and am listening to book 7 right now.  I should be listening to book 6, but I am third in line!  WTH. So, I skipped up and will bounce back when it's finally available.  I think I'll be okay listening out of order, having read it several times.  If I get lost, I'll give a shout out to my buddy Andi over at Delusions of Ingenuity who thinks Jamie loves her and not me.. snort. Whatevs..

p.p.s.  Outlander is being made into a television series and begins in August  Read the books, fall in love and then we'll have gab fests about how cute is Jamie's tush?

Thanks for reading!

Heather


9 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm seeing this on my phone so I'll hafta get a better look when i get home, but OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I just got home and made it thru the whole post ANDYOUAREALIARJAMIEISMINE!!!!!!!!!!!

      But thanks for the shout-out. :P

      But I will kill you for him.........

      xoxo
      -andi

      Delete
  2. This is AWESOME. And I can't believe my boyfriend's going to be on TV soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a dirty bird! How funny and I started that series years ago and read only the first 2 books. I do think it will make a great series for TV. But....not as much fun as a cat fight between you and Andi!!! Does she not know your mad cooking skills can win any mans heart???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good fight, but let's keep it clean ladies!! I have to ask, is he wearing underwear under that kilt? And Heather, your talent amazes me yet again. You are an artist you dirty bird! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First response in and you got a death threat, lolol
    I could not date a Scottish man. We have good friends who are Scottish and I spend a lot of time saying, 'What?' when we're together because I don't understand them, lol. I know they're nice though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahahaha! I've got to go check out this Jamie, perhaps he should be MINE! Oh, wait, on second thought I wouldn't stand a chance against you and Andi, not to mention there is NO way I would keep in 'round with my cooking talent (lack there of). But can I at least hear him speak with that Scottish accent? Your newest quilt is truly creative, soooo cute and I LOVE the detail!! ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heehee. You are so funny...and yet, I still admire your quilting talent. I love the kilt details and the hexis. I think, though, I love that your daughter asked you what it meant. Hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...